your car washing routine? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    If I spent all day cleaning the car id be kicked out the house.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I hate being anal about the hole cleaning the car routine it does depend on if you have a real eye for detail? cos any car can look shiny from 10 ft and so on but iv spent in 6 hours at a time doing a my car. And i'm not happy till I see no circles when I rest my eye literally on the paintwork lol . But seriously as levas said washing up liquid is the worst thing for ur car it's like a decreasing affect over time not good for paint to get rid of circles in your paint work takes practice but I do 1 panel at a time and make a note of where I am on the car cos it can take all day but the last thing b4 you start buffing or polishing is claying the panel ur on. I start off with a foam wash and then jump straight on to the alloys and get my wheel woollies and clean them right to the inner rim and foaming the car I find it's more delicate lifting muck off the car instead of scrubbing it in to the paint the rinse off then dry dabbing with large folded microfiber towel then another jet wash down and if you can get hold of a good size sheep's wool mitt there handy getting muck out of the cracks in the paint you ... and then clay u can use the clay on a wet car just always make sure your using clay on a wet surface of the car u can get plenty of clay lubricant on ebay for £10 + ish then buff or polish by hand then a separate wax to seal ur work but let the wax dry after 10 15 minutes b4 u take it off I find it easier by hand!!!!
    if this is to far I understand my mrs hates me when it's time to get the car looking at its best but I hope even a few of these techniques help

4. Likes Levaz liked this post
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    get together £10 pop over to local car was and get em to clean inside and out whilst u sit and enjoy a pint at the pub next door

6. Likes lee 4d liked this post
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Would love someone to give me a run down on clay bar, waxing and polishing, my express could do with a good shine!!

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AMMONYC...f_id=0&sort=dd
    Plenty of detailing videos, including clay, polish and wax.
    Mud Sweat and Gears

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by goughey91 View Post
    get together £10 pop over to local car was and get em to clean inside and out whilst u sit and enjoy a pint at the pub next door
    mmm, pint.

eugh, swirl marks and grit scratches.

tough choice there!
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence.

10. Likes petrol-head16v liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Sad as it may seem washing and detailing the car is my way of chilling out, it all depends on what you want to achieve show car standards or just keeping the thing clean so you can see out the windows.

The eurowerks link below will show you loads of different types of products we've reviewed over the years. Product wise a good starting point is autogylm and have a nosey around halfords valeting selection, if you want to step up in purchases speak to Alex at elitecarcare.
    Last edited by qüiksilver; 29-09-14 at 22:34. Reason: I can't spell.

12. Likes Levaz liked this post