Turnbull Rally - 24th of June 2012
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Turnbull Rally - 24th of June 2012

Oh dear, i've really let myself down with this thread. After years updating the damn thing, i neglect it right when things get exciting....

Well, i've done tonnes more to it as you will expect, but here are some more interesting updates... It's first event.

The first ever event for the car was the Turnbull Rally at Albemarle airfield near Newcastle. The venue hadn't been used since 2007 and was a round of quite a few tarmac championships, so we decided to take it and try it.

Prior to this we had done no testing with the car (except for a few road miles) so it was a stab int he dark tbf.

Here was the car on Saturday morning all loaded up!

We got the car all scrutineered/noised on the Saturday and then retired for the day at a local pub. My ******** was doing the 5p to 50p dance all eve.

7:00am Sunday morning, all set.

We had 12 cars in my class and they were all very quality cars.

Lined up for the first stage.

In from the first. The car was beautiful. Went, stopped and handled awesome. Really impressive for an 'untried' car. Stage 1 saw 2 spins as it was lethally slippy. I think everyone had a sloppy first stage - we came in 6th.

Out on track.

Hyphon and I discussing tyre tactics. lol

Each stage saw us going quicker and quicker and more and more people came over to the car to have a nosey in service. The Honda engine caused a few stirs i think... lol.

The day came to an end after SS5 though as we knocked the rear oil cannisters off the rear suspension on a bumpy section. The shockers compressed and the banjo's fouled on the rear beam - this will need to be looked at. We were just about to move into 3rd too. Never mind, more positives than negatives.

A very muddy, broken but rapid MG ZR Rally Car. Finally! :thumbsup:

Next event is the 21st of next month. Check out our Facebook group for more info.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/396896770359740/

Thanks to Chrispy and Ben on the day, great help boys. Also a huge thanks to AAautosport for their hard work with the car, Locking Vinyl, Team MG. etc. Also to everyone who has helped over the years in some shape or form.

Jonno
    Last edited by ZR-TEC; 12-08-12 at 20:50.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Impressive, what a machine!

- flows
    ZR-160

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Here's a stage from inside. It had just nailed it down with rain so was pretty cautious. The second lap round the stage was much quicker but still a learning process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHoT3YRdW04

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by flows View Post
    Impressive, what a machine!

- flows
    Thank you very much!