BCU advice (not Pektron)
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

BCU advice (not Pektron)

I have 2 zeds the same reg and the one I use daily has just given me what I believe is the BCU issue no rear wiper,heater,heated rear window,radio or electric windows! the box in it is a red Lucas BCU with 2 relays inside on the circuit board its located behind the fusebox under the steering wheel.
    can this be fixed similarly to the Pektron ones? any advice would be great thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I would imagine you're referring to the 5AS unit, this unit only controls things such as the central locking (including the key fob receiver), alarm control and immobiliser so may not be the answer to your problems or at least all of them. My first guess would be to check for damage at the wiring between the body and the tailgate at the hinge point (behind the rubber gaiter). This can cause all kinds of problems and once checked and rectified go through all your fuses and check them before continuing with your diagnosis. What Reg/year are your Zeds as the earlier ones didn't have a BCU as such?
    "Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention"..."metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our Culture, chief woe of our Commonweal." - W. H. Auden

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    my every day car that's giving the issues has the red box attached to the back of the fuse box as with the landrover discovery which I had the almost identical fault with but I just took that one off and it had some water in so dried it and re fitted and it was fine

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Your problems looks like broken/bare wires in tailgate harness, as said above. I would suggest to look at that place first.

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    checked and they are fine ! ive also been to the scrappy and fitted 2 different boxes off 2 different cars and made no difference I have also checked all the relays in the engine bay all the fuses also and under the dash checked all the fuses still nothing ! I am at a loss

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    both cars are 2003 but one is august which ive found out was when the pektron started so ive got one with pektron which I am breaking and the other my every day car is the older system

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Easy way to tell what type it is is by the style of the key fob, if it's the round style key fob it is the Pektron one
    "Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention"..."metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our Culture, chief woe of our Commonweal." - W. H. Auden