New run around picked up today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Thumbs up New run around picked up today

Picked this up today.... a 2004 MG ZS 120+ Needs a bit of tidying here and there but other than that seems really good and everything work so so far so good Fingers crossed wont have any HG problems but we will see what happens. Think got it for a good price got him down to £800 with years test, 4 new tyres and 90k so think i done ok Been after a one for a little while now and its the spec i wanted and was only 11miles away so im quite happy.... at the minute anyway

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Looks good John, i too paid £800, got a scuffed up 2005 plate 2-door in light silver for my money, only done 40,000, 1x borderline tyre and a months MOT which it sailed through (with a warning on the tyre).

I'm in the process of renewing the Oil and filters before I tackle the niggley bits like cold air only in the saloon, and speeds 3 & 4 only on the fan.... all 'known' ZR issues I read.

Enjoy the ride! I am!

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by WX55 View Post
    Looks good John, i too paid £800, got a scuffed up 2005 plate 2-door in light silver for my money, only done 40,000, 1x borderline tyre and a months MOT which it sailed through (with a warning on the tyre).

I'm in the process of renewing the Oil and filters before I tackle the niggley bits like cold air only in the saloon, and speeds 3 & 4 only on the fan.... all 'known' ZR issues I read.

Enjoy the ride! I am!
    Sure I paid £800 for my MK2 ZR too just a track car now tho. Yes easy fix that you need a heater resistor

4. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    nice looking zs and think there the best shape ones .

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Got the first mod on today, as the thermostat had stuck open since last week and i had a PRT thermostat kit at home waiting for the ZR thought i would try fit it to the ZS. Ive fitted loads to Freelander's at work but none of those were mine so i didnt really know what difference it made. I must say it looks like its worth it, car warms up quicker and seems to maintain a slightly lower running temp. Wasnt a easy job tho lot of messing about with all the pipes from the kit mixing them up, turning them round and a bit of cutting and joining but the only real problem is the cooling fan and slave cylinder are in the way. Here's a few pics anyway just need a bit of fine tuning tomoz and can get out from cold and get a better idea of out it is after a few hours messing about in 3 degrees i had had enough :dots: Dont worry it is the 82 degrees soft spring PRT just not a genuine Land Rover unit as didnt want to shell out almost £100 and find out wasnt going to fit....

Dislike / Like Alerts
    looks good, I paid £795 for a 2003 ZS180 in blue last year, so you have certainly done well

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    looks good, I paid £795 for a 2003 ZS180 in blue last year, so you have certainly done well
    Thanks mate

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Bummer picked up a nail in tyre on way to work Friday only day needed to be there early to open up as well :dots: Lucky I had some help with me so was a F1 pit stop :happy2:

For now put on a spare set of straights I've got from the ZR which have the wet trackday tyres on, must say think white suits it....

Dislike / Like Alerts
    At least you have a spare, in my wheel well I got a can of tyre fix lol

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    At least you have a spare, in my wheel well I got a can of tyre fix lol
    That wouldn't have been any use on my tyre