New run around picked up today - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Found one of these on the Bay of E it should sort your heater probs http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heater-Blo...item3ceaff9720
    Last edited by Zed; 08-12-15 at 22:35. Reason: Typo

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    At least you have a spare, in my wheel well I got a can of tyre fix lol
    I finally got myself a spare and a jack last Sunday after the car came with nothin.
    Cleared the boot to stick it in the well and found I had a pond... Just waiting some rain now to see if I've fixed it by masticing a lip round the 'body to boot' electric cable hole.

Splish splash!

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Picked up a 180 hatch spoiler at weekend was in yellow tho but boss was off today so managed to get it flatted and primed

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ha, love it

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Been a bit quiet on the ZS lately but but the ZR is finished I've finally got round to jobs on the daily ZS. Glad to report still no problems with the car so today I got it serviced, replaced the discs and pads all round and done the rear calipers to be safe and so dont have to worry about them playing up later. I also replaced the Cola Cola with brake fluid :no: Sure you'll agree its a big improvement

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Got few days without needing the car so getting on with a few jobs knock few off the list....

Got the ZR160 manifold and Catalyst (4-2-1) set-up on as had a spare laying around and since the ZS flixie had almost broke seemed right time to do it. Not quite a straight bolt on job but nothing to major just need to modify the centre section will get you updated as it goes along.....

Onto wheels as well today as they were bit of a mess so flatted them off, ground and filled the edges, coat of high build primer and finally another flat with 2000 wet and dry ready for a final coat white primer tomoz and a top coat of Neon Yellow and see goes it looks against the car.

Not 100% sure if will like the end reason but if not only got to flat it back and top coat it again.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok guys done 2 Yellows today I know which one I'm going for I wont say which see I you all agree....

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Hi All, been a while since I have had the time to look on here, thought I had better update.

Still loving the ZR, especially now having missed her for the last two months while a mate of a mate worked at replacing the head gasket. It had been leaking for a few months but after an oil change decided to lose coolant big time so I thought I had better do something about it before I lost the lot. Anyhow all back together now with the following expected (according to google) issues;

Tick over is now 1250 on startup raising to just under 2000 once warm, another mate has suggested I grab a MAP sensor from e-bay, do the bottom four numbers (2384) on the sensor matter? the MHK100820 number seems to yeald a result.
    Mate 2 suggests theres an air leak on the intake too - I lost power the other day just after sitting in traffic, the car didnt want to go above 30 for about 5 minutes and of course, coming out of traffic everyone is up my arse DREAD!

As for my other issues
    My boot is ALMOST sealed having re-poked the grommet back in the holes and painted over some cracks and the interior fan was easily sorted thanks to a spare part as suggested by Zed!

Hows the wheels JohnDQ? Not sure I like either to be honest but if you forced my arm.. I feel sick Top Yellow LOL!

Cheers All

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Have you tried resetting ecu for idle issue,worked for mine it's worth a go

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyspanner View Post
    Have you tried resetting ecu for idle issue,worked for mine it's worth a go
    Cheers monkey Spanner,
    I've changed the MAP sensor for one I got on e-bay, not ideal but it made no difference. . Still revving high on idle.

Anyway, how do I go about resetting the ECU.. cheers!