Rear Light's / Tint - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by philwatts View Post
    Yeah but i'm glad i went to a MOT place that did not care for it, he said it was legal anyway but he say as long as the car is safe it will pass and it did. he did not care of any mods.
    Sounds more like the place doesn't understand the test they are meant to be doing

2. Likes Levaz liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
    Sounds more like the place doesn't understand the test they are meant to be doing
    Same like one of my mates said ... dont worrie about them rear light's tinted ive seen cars going trough MOT that would never pass and they still do so ... guess it's all about how big y wallet is i suppose

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Yeah but i'm glad i went to a MOT place that did not care for it, he said it was legal anyway but he say as long as the car is safe it will pass and it did. he did not care of any mods.
    I don't know if I'm reading it wrong, or what, but I can't make sense of your post lol.

I read that as 'The MOT tester said it was legal, and it passed as the car was safe, he didn't care about my mods' ?

Providing all mods are legal, the car is in good road worthy order, then it should pass anyway.
    3 of my 4 last cars have had limo tints in the rear windows, my current 3dr ZR has tints all the way round (which I'm aware is against the rules)
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levaz View Post
    I don't know if I'm reading it wrong, or what, but I can't make sense of your post lol.

I read that as 'The MOT tester said it was legal, and it passed as the car was safe, he didn't care about my mods' ?

Providing all mods are legal, the car is in good road worthy order, then it should pass anyway.
    3 of my 4 last cars have had limo tints in the rear windows, my current 3dr ZR has tints all the way round (which I'm aware is against the rules)
    Window tints don't come into the MOT

7. Likes Levaz liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Window tints don't come into the MOT
    Yes it does,

Levaz you got that right, sorry i'm english yet still speak it like i'm new to the uk

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Yes it does,

Levaz you got that right, sorry i'm english yet still speak it like i'm new to the uk
    Show me the tool on the MOT broad for checking light source please. Not been one in the 13 years I've been testing. You only check view to front and rear for class 4 glazing is a class 5 item

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Show me the tool on the MOT broad for checking light source please. Not been one in the 13 years I've been testing. You only check view to front and rear for class 4 glazing is a class 5 item
    I can show you the ticket I got for having tinted rear lights? lol

I thought the MOT reg's quote was something like this though:
    "Products on the lens or light source that obviously reduce the light, intensity or change its colour will become a reason for failure, applies to front/rear position lamps, registration plate lamps, stop lamps, rear fog and direction indicators"

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I was talking about windows lol

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I was talking about windows lol
    #facepalm

Dislike / Like Alerts
    You don't need the papers, look it up, their is a percentage on lights and windows, always has been, if your doing MOT's you should know this in your 101 checks.

If you can't see through your window and danger is coming from behind, how are you meant to see it (without looking at your side mirrors) ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...dows-guide.pdf