my 06 zr 105 trophy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

my 06 zr 105 trophy

Finally managed to swap out the crusty o-s front wing today,been bugging me since i bought the car and tidied it right up,looking to replace the MG badges front and rear and also the wheel center cap badges as they are looking grotty,nothing too amazing but a step in the right direction
    WP_20160116_005.jpg
    WP_20160116_004.jpg
    WP_20160116_007.jpg
    WP_20160116_008.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    WP_20160125_001.jpgWP_20160125_003.jpgWP_20160126_003.jpgWP_20160126_012.jpgWP_20160126_013.jpgWP_20160126_005.jpg Brace yourself,iv been throwing money around again,a whole £8.99 on some new badge inserts,still waiting for the new zr boot badge (mine says 7r if you look closely lol) next on the agenda is passenger wing replacement and both head light units as they are yellow and horrible.The other nasty bits on the car are the rear quarters,passenger side has been repaired/painted and finish is not nice,ok in light of day but you can notice it a mile off,and driver side has some 'orrible rust coming through,will be going in to bodyshop to get it done as soon as iv dug myself out of the christmas cashflow canyon,does anyone know if you can obtain replacement arch panels for these cars??

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Unfortunately and for some unknown reason no one does repair panels for the rear wheel arches. If the panels are really bad and you want it to last only rear answer is cut arches out of a scrap car. Good start tho looks good

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Thats a shame,will have to try and find a clean 3 door in the knackers yard for arches,on the plus side iv just dismantled a 03 zr in mbb silver that willingly surrendered its electric heated mirrors,and boot badge,again small steps but its coming along,im also currently bidding on a little mg zs for no reason other than i want its wheels wish me luck lol

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    iv finally got myself a set of zs 11s for my zr,will be getting them refurbed before fitting but im a very happy bunny atm,just broke a 53 plate 1.8 zr so have a lot of parts if anyone needs anything,has full monaco red & black leather with rear headrest,black and red leather steering wheel,chrome wing mirrors etc etc,but most importantly the wheels woo-hoo!!IMG_0132.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg Also have new headlights on their way and a replacement rear arch panel,so will be off to bodyshop soon and hopefully looking good for summer use

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Nice!

Been on the lookout for a set of 11's for ages, budget just hasn't allowed me to get any lol
    Cooper S wheels are also on my hit list.
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence.

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    i very nearly bought a zs in south wales on gumtree (£300) just for its wheels,think they really suit the zr,and i was wondering if those cooper rims fitted seen a few for sale lately.i basically bought a zr someone had built up with some nice bits n pieces (vented wings,full 160 powerflow system,big brakes etc) to get these wheels and sell the rest to get money back so effectively they will owe me a bit less than the e-bay set i saw for £450 !!!! was a nice clean car too no rot,non sunroof,phase 2 dash and rear end,and iv stripped it bare in about 5-6 hours lol

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Looking good all tho I don't think the ZS wheels suit. I wonder if the reason is because I think the offset may be different, I put some straights on my MK2 ZS while I'm painting them and they seem to sit in the arches more.

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Think offset is the same pal,but the 11s may be a touch wider as they fill the arch on my zr nicely.
    Got them on mine now,along with a nice 40mm drop,powerflow cat back exhaust (far too loud,middle box is going back on asap) and some chrome mirror covers too!IMG_0158.jpgIMG_0159.jpg

11. Likes Levaz liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Yes the straights are 17x7 et45 the 11 spokes are 17x7.5 et45