Stepspeed issues
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Stepspeed issues

Hi all
    I have a few questions re an MG ZR stepspeed box.
    A little back ground. I've always had MGs midgets and Bs mainly (in fact still have a 67 Midget as well as a 56 Series 1 Land Rover). Any way needed a car for work and have always fancied a ZR. Went to see one an Auto and was very silly and let my heart rule my head. The car is mint and drove fantastically. I didn't know about the stepspeed and what it was about, thought it was just a posh name for the auto.
    Wasn't until this week that I discovered about the gearbox and that it could be put into sport or manual. Tried to put in sport, stick moved across but nothing showed up on the dash. In normal mode PRND show up fine.
    From reading other posts it seems there is a lot of expertise on this forum and am thinking could it be electricial ie something is unplugged?
    Also can you recommend a manual that helps out/shows the Stepspeed box? The Haynes manual for the ZR only deals with the manual gearbox.
    Thanks in advance, looking forward to your responses.
    Springle.
    Last edited by Springle; 23-08-16 at 10:55. Reason: Spellings

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Its been a long time since ive done anything on this box but there were nothing but trouble has with most cvt box. There's a micro switch which I'm sure is part of the selector mechanism that sends a signal to the ecu to say you have asked for manual mode. Sorry cant be any more informative I just cant remember for the life of me about the electronic side of the system but hopefully you may be able to get a bit of info online