\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Getting rid of foul smell\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Hi All,
\r\n
\r\nNew to the forum (though i did post a hello message).
\r\n
\r\nI purchased my first MG ZR after many years of wanting one only a couple of days ago, but it needs some work....which is fine, im happy to do it!
\r\n
\r\nHowever....the inside of the car stinks! it smells like a mix of weed and mold...if you can imagine that ? i have looked around the car and cant find any location where water might be getting in, so im guessing because the car was sat and not driven for over a year....its just a mold type smell inside, i have cleaned, polished, hoovered and air freshened the car but it still stinks.
\r\n
\r\nDoes anyone have any tips on how to get rid ?\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[155634] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n whitetop\r\n \r\n
    whitetop is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I had the same problem but i removed everything from in the car (apart from the dash) and cleaned everything with green soap and dried it good, next i found where the boot leak came from which are 2 plugs just under the rear lights (just by the arch in the boot) pulled them out and put clear glue on them and put the plugs back in.
    \n
    \nsee if you can get a full valet on your car to give the carpet and seats a good clean.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[155649] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n ashjones86\r\n \r\n
    ashjones86 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n *Newbie*\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n ashjones86\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by whitetop\r\n View Post\r\n
    \r\n
    I had the same problem but i removed everything from in the car (apart from the dash) and cleaned everything with green soap and dried it good, next i found where the boot leak came from which are 2 plugs just under the rear lights (just by the arch in the boot) pulled them out and put clear glue on them and put the plugs back in.
    \n
    \nsee if you can get a full valet on your car to give the carpet and seats a good clean.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Yeah there is a local guy who does a full clean so ill sort that out, ill have a look for those plugs you mentioned also, cheers.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[155610] = "155649,155634"; pn[0] = ",155610"; pn[155634] = "155610,155649"; pn[155649] = "155634,155610"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[15785] = "ashjones86"; pu[15530] = "whitetop"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      *Newbie*
      Dislike / Like Alerts

Getting rid of foul smell

Hi All,

New to the forum (though i did post a hello message).

I purchased my first MG ZR after many years of wanting one only a couple of days ago, but it needs some work....which is fine, im happy to do it!

However....the inside of the car stinks! it smells like a mix of weed and mold...if you can imagine that ? i have looked around the car and cant find any location where water might be getting in, so im guessing because the car was sat and not driven for over a year....its just a mold type smell inside, i have cleaned, polished, hoovered and air freshened the car but it still stinks.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid ?