Getting the 160 ready for Nov trackday - Page 11
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok guys got some VHPD throttle bodies few weeks ago and got them fitted today.... and it runs will go for test drive tomoz see what happens. If all got wells will nick a computer from work and check the value from the O2 sensor make sure fueling is ok

Before.....

After.....

2. Likes petrol-head16v liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Official Enthusiast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    yh boy looks nice do a video of the Sound

Quote of the week
    Quote Originally Posted by cub66 View Post
    No comment lol I no what xan and p.h are like they are as bad as each other lol

5. Likes JOHNDQ liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by petrol-head16v View Post
    yh boy looks nice do a video of the Sound
    Will do

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Had the bodies off that the weekend again to plump in all the vacuum hoses etc to link the 4mm hose to the 10mm hose for the map sensor i had to get the local engineering firm to make me a hose connector. Its a job top tho really impressed with it

I also used the take offs for the idle valve (as i'm not using idle control) to use for the servo pipe.

And one of the pipe work and map sensor location (now has black cable ties btw )

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Nicked the oil catch tank off the Evo today as its not going any where for a while Just gotta get the air filter sorted now then can get booked with MG's on track for a trackday this Saturday

New home on the ZR...

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Good news filters came from today and they fit thank god. There only for time being as planning on getting a uprated pedal box so can run a Exige airbox or similar but ok for trackday this Saturday to test out the throttle bodies for real Its at Bedford Autodrome with Lotus/MG's on track so if your local come down should be a few nice cars there

Last edited by JOHNDQ; 30-01-15 at 18:34.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Stayed out working on the car till 11pm last night in the freezing cold to make sure everything was ok for Saturdays trackday but at 1pm today got a email saying the event was cancelled due to the weather. Not to happy as i really dont feel its that bad but understand some people didnt feel the same. Any way quick pic's of the filters and oil catch tank fitted

Last edited by JOHNDQ; 30-01-15 at 18:33.

11. Likes petrol-head16v liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Had a evening @ EPS Motorsport tonight to sort out the plans for ZR and get the fuel injectors flow tested and have filters changed. Couldnt believe it all injectors flowed perfect and at 5bar they make best spray pattern and 272cc so good for 244bhp or 210cc at 3bar So we are going with a Emerald K6 control unit with 3 different maps and looking into wideband O2 plus knock control and rolling road/mapping session start of April

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok pulled the engine tonight, it needs belts doing, a new clutch and seems to have a fair oil leak now so going to replace said items plus all gaskets and seals and looking into "N" series HG, uprated bolts and oil rail.... as long as liner heights are ok of course

Official Enthusiast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    mate at least wait till the weekend lol #cold

Quote of the week
    Quote Originally Posted by cub66 View Post
    No comment lol I no what xan and p.h are like they are as bad as each other lol