Getting the 160 ready for Nov trackday
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Red face Getting the 160 ready for Nov trackday

Well at last im going to get the 160 on track at Bedford Autodrome Really looking forward to seeing what its like compared to my other track cars and having some proper fun with it So ive been spending a bit this week getting these few bits after already fitting the Avo springs

Grooved disc's

Rear camber plates

And a Gopro hero 3+ black to record the action

Just waiting for the EDC Yellow stuff pads, ATE Super blue brake fluid and motorsport oil to turn up and im ready wish me luck

2. Likes KonradZR liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Nice track gear, what pads are you using? I went on at combe with mintex discs and pads and found them to hold up to the abuse rather well

Whats the difference between the camber shim you bought and this one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Rea...#ht_949wt_1161
    Apart from yours is metal

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Are those discs for real? The grooves don't even vent! Where did you get the camber plates from, though? Could do with some for the turbo fish tank!

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Only going for EBC Yellows mate dont need nothing much and still want to use it on roads so dont fancy a track compound like on the others as the noise and dust is unreal! I got the camber plates from my local dealer (brown and gammons) who make and use use on there own race cars. I think the one's you have need setting up for adjustment etc the ones i have are just bolt on and job done
    Last edited by JOHNDQ; 05-11-13 at 20:36.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Dont vent... there only meant to be a mm or so deep to allow the pad face to be cleanned and let build up of gases escape, there the same design as the full race kit on the RS2000 but just not a two piece floating disc

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Doesn't mean it's right lol. Gasses on grooved should vent out the ends ideally, allowing pressure build up and therefore heat. Otherwise they're just glorified dimpled discs, which we all know, are a gimmick.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I dont see how you can have a point when AP Racing, Alcon and Performance Friction all use a "tear drop" pattern for there professional Motorsport disc's which do not go to the edge's off there disc's
    http://www.alcon.co.uk/motorsport.html
    http://www.pfcbrakes.com/motorsports/v3-disc.aspx
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motors...us-brake-discs
    And these look like "dimpled" disc's in PF's motorsport catalogue
    http://www.pfcbrakes.com/motorsports...ake-discs.aspx
    Hispec's "full race" disc's
    Last edited by JOHNDQ; 05-11-13 at 20:43.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Lol. Owned steve220.
    Vented means that its a double layer disc anyhow with the vents between front and back portions.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh_EvoIX View Post
    Lol. Owned steve220.
    Vented means that its a double layer disc anyhow with the vents between front and back portions.
    Wasnt trying to put guy down lol just proving the point those disc's are fine what what im using then for. Im sure as a fellow Evo owner you know how many of the big players use that Alon disc and they all agree its the best kit out there

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Well got the rear camber plates and brakes all fitted this morning so going sweet until got to the last Coner (o/s/f in this case) and someone as damaged the threads in the caliper carrier and instead of repairing it have just screwed in a M10x1.5mm bolt (should be M10x1.25mm) couldn't get a helicoil kit anywhere have to wait till Monday now