Getting the 160 ready for Nov trackday - Page 10
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    New exhaust fitted today Scorpion cat back without the centre box

Sorry to the guy who pulled up with a MK1 160 while i was fitting it i couldnt move was holding it in place with me foot while i was bolting it up

2. Likes bluewolf liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Booked up again this Monday for another trackday and for the first time ever there are two other MG's on track looking forward to seeing if the weight loss makes any difference

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok guys not been nothing going on with the ZR lately as was using the Evo for a while but back on it now. As im sure you all know last trackday was SO much better and sure you all saw the videos to prove Anyway aux water temp gauge will now work at long last, i removed the intake manifold due to a air leak and noticed one of the water ways is blacked off so i drilled and tapped the sender into there.....

Also while doing my checks i noticed where i had put in the oil pressure sensor for gauge it had hit the sub-frame at some point causing the thread to bend and start a small oil leak, theres approx 11mm of clearance there and i done a good to road miles before last trackday to check wasnt any clearance problems but looks like the engine moves a fair bit when going from 7000rpm to full braking. Ive checked mounts there all spot on so i will order a new sensor and fit it where the factory oil pressure switch is and get a new oil pressure swich in 1/8npt to go where if pressure sensor was to over come that problem (hope you are keeping with me)
    Bit hard to see on pic but the bend is quite bad....

Ive also noticed the coolant hose that comes from the water outlet on the cylinder head (with temp sensors in) and then runs around back of engine is split so all in all was lucky to have gotten though last trackday Off to Cadwell Park end of August for another trackday really looking forward to this one
    Last edited by JOHNDQ; 30-07-14 at 20:23.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Trackday preps started today with a cut hair to the slicks to get rid of the bad rubber and s**t picked up from last time out. Need to make sure alls ok brothers bringing his track toy a Fiesta Zetec S with a 1.7 Puma engine so cant have him beating me

From this....

To this.....

Quite a bit had to come off....

7. Likes CK_Deise liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Been a bit quite lately on the ZR front again but got a few things in motion now, wasnt happy with the wheel colour choice so ive repainted them in "Chevy Orange"...

Im also planning on entering Club MSV's "How Fast" competition Sat 11th of Oct to see what lap times i can get around Bedford Autodromes West circuit.... Anyone else fancy it
    http://www.howfast.co.uk/

And the track lay out....
    http://www.howfast.co.uk/Circuit.aspx

9. Likes CK_Deise liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Made a start on fitting a fuel swirl pot today as ive been getting bad fuel surge on track will also be foam filling the fuel tank.

11. Likes petrol-head16v liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok so the fuel tank is out and to be honest in terms of using it on track it is useless its a very bad design without any baffles, no collector around where the pump fits and the pump is mounted on the left of the tank not the centre So over winter i will be fitting a FIA fuel cell in the boot and doing away with the standard tank, i think as the boot floor is only spot welded in im going to remove it all and put in a flat piece for metal where the space wheel well is to mount the tank there. For now tho i will just need putting in FIA fuel tank foam blocks to help stop the problem as i have the How Fast event in October so need to get moving

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Well thanks to Rimmer Bro's cars back together and on low loader off to "How Fast" tomoz looking forward to first timed event in the ZR Sorry about the shit pics

14. Likes petrol-head16v liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Well yesterday didnt go to well, made the choice looking at weather to go with the semi slicks friday when car was picked up and didnt take change of wheels Rained over night and at 10am when test runs began was still lightly raining and track was like ice even the Audi A8 was spinning off let alone the Atom's Had to drop rear tyre pressure to 26psi cold to try and get a bit of heat in them and borrow a spare wheel to put in boot as the rear end was trying to over take me every corner. Still didnt come last and against 4 Atom's, R8 V10, Porsche 911 and a Lotus 7 in a ZR on a wet track with slicks think thats good going to be honest. Shout out to MSV tho was a really well run event and they gave us a extra 30mins to try get a dry line on track but it just wasnt going to happen. I tried to book onto the later runs at 11.30 as sun was out but wasnt able to. Will get video's up soon but here are links to MSV's pictures.... The ZR is on front page
    http://www.msvtphotography.com/car_trackdays_ba.html

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok guys nothing really been going on @ the ZR front for a while as been helping dad get his 69 Chevelle SS396 running for first time since 1989... engine done now so below is the engine he reckons will get down Santa Pods 1/4 mile strip quicker than my Evo

So quick update..... Ive been trying to get a VHPD K-Series engine every where but no luck, joint just about every Lotus forum and found nothing. I did find one on net but im 99% sure was a scam spent 5 days emailing guy got deal worked out then he wouldnt give me a contact number and wouldn't take Paypal must have thought i was born yesterday, gutted to say the least but better than losing a few k i guess. Any way got a set of VHPD throttle bodies today hoping to get them test fitted at weekend and see if it still run's ok on the MEM's control unit as want to do trackday in January with the Lotus/MG's on track guys. Anyway pic's of throttle bodies i have but not on my engine