Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor

I've got a problem with my accelerator pedal position sensor, not the one on the pedal itself but the one under the bonnet Conner to throttle cable.. I've been told to buy a new one but can't find anyone who does them, any ideas? Or to get one second hand, my question is are the diesel versions the same as the petrol versions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I think you mean the throttle potentiometer, on the petrols it is bolted to the throttle body connected to the cable via a rod that runs through the throttle body. On the diesels its a type of fly-by-wire set up where the cable runs to a variable resistor which sends a signal to the fuel pump. They are quite different I'm afraid, the diesel one is bolted to the chassis in-front of the O/S/F strut. Just trying to get you pics up from Rimmers at the minute but the site seems to be running at snails pace/not working but it could just be my computer!

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok so for the petrols I think the thing you would be after is part number 3 shown in the diagram on this web page:
    http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001370

and after a lot of searching around I found the diesel one which is part number 5 in the diagram on this page:
    http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001117

Hope this helps and more importantly the links actually work

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Cheers for the help mate really really appreciate the effort you've put into all that.. So they are totally different, can't seem to find any diesel zr's breaking either.. Well that's fairly local anyway arggghhhh ..

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Oh and the links were perfect mate!