85zt260

Thread: 85zt260

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

85zt260

Hi everyone just joined this site even though I do not own a ZR but I do own a MG ZT260.
    My reason for being here is that I am seeking any help that maybe available on my purchase of a 2003 MG ZR TDI.
    There is a car up for sale near me and the person I know quite well and has had it from new and it has only clocked up a genuine 20k miles.
    As you can imagine this car is mint and totally original and probably to good to let slip, can anyone give me an idea of what it is worth and how viable it is as an investment, oh yeah it is in that lovely vivid metallic blue.
    The owner is reluctant to accept less than £2500 which I know is way more than book price but I suppose it is a rarity on the low mileage.
    Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Is it worth having one of these on 20k miles? It's not like the engine can't do high milage, Im sure you can pick up a decent example with a bit more milage for alot less than that
    If anything I'd want a diesel with a bit of mileage, shows the main components are working okay

4. Likes petrol-head16v liked this post
    Official Enthusiast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Welcome...... thats to high as it a mk1 2003 i would say £2000 tops but if it was a mk2 2004+ then yh £2500 is it a full spec one with 17" alloy full body kit with side skirts and what colour is it ?

Quote of the week
    Quote Originally Posted by cub66 View Post
    No comment lol I no what xan and p.h are like they are as bad as each other lol

6. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Thank you for your replies, greatly appreciated, I was mis-informed I just contacted owner again and in actual fact it is a 2004 and full body kit with 17 inch alloys.
    The colour is the same as lolsteve's, so I guess £2500 is not far off.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    If it's the same colour as mine it's a late mk1, which personally I think is the worst of the models. Not got the good looks of the mk2 but has all the cost cutting measures/cheap materials
    Buy a vvc for a grand and use the saved money for fuel

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Thanks for that, I think I will give a miss and stick with the real deal zt 260, I know the the ZT is going to be an investment since there was only 883 ever produced.Thanks for your advice, I think the low mileage on the ZR and lack of knowledge is what clouded my judgement.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Hi and welcome
    If first you don't succeed, try try again. Take one day at a time and enjoy life