Rear Light's / Tint - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    You had made yourself look stupid there by trying to tell me how to do the job I have a completely clean sheet doing and passing all my refresh courses. If you looked at the link you put up it says "why are tinted windows not included in the MOT" gives you the answer too..... The cost of putting the tools to test the tint into the garages and increasing the MOT cost. As I said earlier we (MOT testers) dont test that its a highways thing.... Opps. As for looking behind you test/check mirrors not the rear window.... Opps again. Not trying to be funny but I do know the rules, not everyone off my heart but enough
    Last edited by JOHNDQ; 17-03-16 at 17:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by philwatts View Post
    You don't need the papers, look it up, their is a percentage on lights and windows, always has been, if your doing MOT's you should know this in your 101 checks.

If you can't see through your window and danger is coming from behind, how are you meant to see it (without looking at your side mirrors) ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...dows-guide.pdf
    I refer to my earlier post about panel vans, don't get much light/visibility in the back of a sprinter..........
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence.

4. Likes philwatts liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
    You had made yourself look stupid there by trying to tell me how to do the job I have a completely clean sheet doing and passing all my refresh courses. If you looked at the link you put up it says "why are tinted windows not included in the MOT" gives you the answer too..... The cost of putting the tools to test the tint into the garages and increasing the MOT cost. As I said earlier we (MOT testers) dont test that its a highways thing.... Opps. As for looking behind you test/check mirrors not the rear window.... Opps again. Not trying to be funny but I do know the rules, not everyone off my heart but enough
    Oh no the MOT mod is on it.

Yeah well i'' go with what i was told by a licenced MOT garage and by the stupid **** police officer i talked to, but hey you went on courses and do MOT's, not being funny but i got by what i've been told and if you got a car which you can't see out the back window then i take it as dangerous, vans and others are not the same as most vans don't get glass in the rear doors.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Vans still need mots though?
    I can't see how driving a car with painted out rear windows (yes, i have done that) and a van with panels is any different. Either way you cant see in/out the back windows and have to rely on your mirrors
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Funny I didn't no you needed to a MOT tester to work for the police but as you have shown you know more that me.... Even when the link you took time to find on the internet to prove your point proved you wrong. Anyway I've proved my point and not here to argue with the key board powers all the info is online as you proved just make sure you read MOT rules not High way ones next time But to again disprove your rear window theory you do know that you don't need a rear view mirror, you need a offside by law and either the nearside or the rear view mirror
    Last edited by JOHNDQ; 18-03-16 at 09:47.