Radio not working after MOT
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Radio not working after MOT

Took my car for an MOT yesterday and when I got it back the radio was no longer turning on. Took it back this morning and they tested the leads and said they were receiving power. I have two (Sony) radios and neither is working, so I don't think the head unit is the problem.

Only things that were changed during the MOT were some bulbs and a suspension arm, one of the mechanics did take off the front of the radio unit to avoid it getting nicked by the camp next door.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
    Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Have you checked the wiring you should have one constantly live, one going live when ignition goes on and a constant earth

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Hi JohnDQ, thanks for the reply. I did check the wiring but it was exactly the same as before the MOT. I even have a spare set of leads so I tried those but with no luck. The only thing I found slightly peculiar is that when you plug the two ends together the pins dont all line up (of course earth doesnt line up with anything, if you see what I mean) but it has always been like this.