Interior seats

Thread: Interior seats

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Interior seats

Hi guys. I have found a matching seat for my ZR but it is a passenger seat. Could I use this as a drivers seat? And if so how easy would this be to do? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    The main difficulty will be the seat base frame - there is no way that a passenger side frame will fit to the mounting points on the drivers side.

The easiest solution would be to swap the covers from the replacement seat onto the cushion/base for your current drivers seat (the cover is held to the frame by plastic J-strips, and these can be carefully unclipped from the frame). There is a velcro strip down each of the grooves in the centre section - these need to be teased apart very carefully; the part which is glued into the grooves will rip out of the foam very easily. The seat coverings are identical for both drivers and passengers seats, the only down side as far as the base cover goes is that there will be two holes from the screws that hold the plastic valance onto the seat frame, and when the passenger side cover is swapped to the drivers side, these are then on the exposed side of the seat (although they don't really show).

The covers for the seat backs are also identical, but if the replacement seat is from a 3-door or has a lumber support adjustment, it will have the holes for the handles for these cut out of the sides, and of course if you try to swap it on to the drivers seat, you will have these holes on the wrong sides. If it has come from a 5 door without lumbar support, it is a straight swap (the complete seat back can be swapped over as one piece if yours is 5-door too) If yours is 3-door, you will need to use your existing folding frame and swap the cover over. You will need to cut a slit to allow the tilt lever to go through. The seat squab/back cover unclips at the bottom, and has two hog-rings holding the rear of the cover to the frame about three quarters of the way up, which will need opening up and removing. The cover then pulls off (again take care to release the velcro strips to avoid damage).

NB. when making a slit for the seat tilt handle, be aware that without the plastic escutcheon/surround in place, the lever sits a lot lower down than it does once the escutcheon is re-fitted, so take care not to cut the slit too low (otherwise it will show below the plastic escutcheon when you refit it).
    Last edited by Evil C; 22-05-17 at 13:30.

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Thanks a lot :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Appreciate this is the longest of long shots, especially considering this is my second post.

My 105 had blue alcantara effect interior which was a mess. I am still considering attempting to retrim but have sourced a part set of full leather. Drivers seat is missing.

I know these are pretty rare, but even trying to dig out part numbers to search for is proving quite tricky. Just wondered if anyone can advise on the part number for the front (3 door) seat back/squab seat cover by any chance?

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon105 View Post
    Appreciate this is the longest of long shots, especially considering this is my second post.

My 105 had blue alcantara effect interior which was a mess. I am still considering attempting to retrim but have sourced a part set of full leather. Drivers seat is missing.

I know these are pretty rare, but even trying to dig out part numbers to search for is proving quite tricky. Just wondered if anyone can advise on the part number for the front (3 door) seat back/squab seat cover by any chance?

Thanks in advance.

Ben.
    Abit late but did you try rimmerbros? https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001438

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetop View Post
    Abit late but did you try rimmerbros? https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001438
    Thanks for the reply.

I think I need item 2 which is not listed on Rimmers website unfortunately.

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001452

Managed to get a new seat base cover fortunately.