160 brake upgrade - which brake lines?
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

160 brake upgrade - which brake lines?

Hi,

New here, first time posting. Recently bought a mk2 ZR TD and done a few mods to increase the power, now looking to put in the 160 brakes. Already got discs, pads and calipers, and was planning to get HEL braided brake lines.

Do you think they're worth getting? and do I want the ones for the 160 or the TD? (i.e. for the brakes or the car?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I doubt if you will find a detectable difference in brake performance from using braided hoses tbh.

There isn't any difference in the front hoses regardless of the disc size or type (ie. whether they are 262mm solid, 262mm vented or 282mm vented, there is only one part number for the original fit hose).

The are different part numbers for the rear hoses according to whether they are for rear disc brakes or rear drums - I am assuming yours is a Td101 with rear drums (rather than a Td115 which should have the smaller 232mm solid discs at the rear as standard), so you would need to change the rear pipes anyay.

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Hey,
    Thanks for the info. It is a 115 with rear discs/pads rather than drums. okay, so fronts are the same and i want 160 rear lines rather than the ones for the TD then?
    cheers

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    The hoses are the same for all types of rear discs. It is just the ones for rear drums are different from those for discs - ie. rear hoses will be the same type for the 160 as for your Td 115.

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Aah okay, im with you now. thanks for the info.