Rollcage for a Mk1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Rollcage for a Mk1

I'm still looking for a Rollcage for my mk1, doesn't matter whether it's a half cage or a full cage, WHY? Must be race approved, no show cages.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Custom cages doing MSA clubman spec for 1k fitted wont beat that

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    I was hoping to getting one cheaper than that. I'm trying to show with a bit of sensible shopping and looking around a race car can be put on the track for less than £1k.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Dont get it wrong when I first started doing mine I do it cheap as I could trouble was once I really got into it I ended up buying stuff again as needed better stuff

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
    Dont get it wrong when I first started doing mine I do it cheap as I could trouble was once I really got into it I ended up buying stuff again as needed better stuff
    I totally appreciate that but with race cars they tend to develop the longer you have them, I intend to have this one for a season or two then move on to something with more power, the MG is like a stepping stone to getting into racing and get a feel for it. Knowing the car handles well and it has a good chassis to start with is a bonus for amateur racing.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Yeah that's true ive been progressing with mine for about for years now so a lots changed in that time. I'm sticking with it now tho put much money and money into it to go back now just need cage and I'm ready to race. Going onto the 750 MC's hot hatch challenge next year all being well Il be at 190bhp and weighing just over 1000kg and hope to do ok.

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Sounds like you have done a lot of work, I may have to pick your brains. Mines standard 120 at the moment, working on the reduce weight factor first. I'm currently racing in the 750 mc in a 206 gti with the armed forces race competition. Looking at doing both series eventually.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ah ok isn't there another guy here running a 105 in armed forces? I got my ZR with me in it and 1/4 tank to 1060kg and that's with factory glass and all steel panels still

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Is that Simon? I've spoke to him about his, it's a consistent car and he is having fun with it.
    The figures you have is about the same as I was looking for on my first season. So I wasn't too far off with my predictions then.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Yeah looks like he's doing well wouldn't mind running with you guys I do some work on vehicles for Chicksands my local army base would that count lol