Track ZR's replacement- race build R8 200 with ZR's heart! - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Looking smart John, like the R8 body shape. It's grown on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjhoy02 View Post
    Looking smart John, like the R8 body shape. It's grown on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Many thanks 3 doors getting hard to find now still lot of 5 doors, coupes and cabs about tho

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Little update ive decided to throw the rear trailing arm Poly bushes in the bin as im not happy with them, main reason being is there so hard i am unable to adjust the rear toe angle and as they were both towing out slightly im sure that was one of the reasons was having trouble on track keeping the rear end in check. After a lot of looking around online and talking to people racing Honda's here and a few in the USA ive gone for PCI spherical bearings which are designed to be lowered and offset in the trailing arm to correct the toe angle etc on bump steer. Was a costly move as they are only available from L.A in the States at $260, $35 shipping then £36 duty to the queen. Must say im very impressed with the quality of the parts and the suspension moves so much freely now when you push down on the corner, compered to the side with the Poly bush in its like having to completely different springs fitted. I also noted that you hardly get any change in the angle of the wheel when you add weight or jack the car up slightly where as with the poly bushed side its quite noticeable so fingers crossed its looking like when a worth while, even tho expensive upgrade....
    2019-02-01_08-04-07 by John Quincey, on Flickr
    2019-02-02_09-10-31 by John Quincey, on Flickr
    2019-02-02_09-11-10 by John Quincey, on Flickr

5. Likeswhitetop liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Looking nice and glad it feels way better for you but at that cost i bet your glad as well.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetop View Post
    Looking nice and glad it feels way better for you but at that cost i bet your glad as well.
    Not wrong mate was really worried they wouldn't fit as they only fit the Civic upto 2000 and the trailing arms are from a 2004 MG ZS luckily looks like MG Rover never changed the arms when Honda did

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Finally made a start on the new gearbox today since i had a day off work, been looking for a good low mileage G4BSV PG1 from another ZR160 but been unable to find one so ive decided i will use the G6BP box i have as a spare i got from a Lotus Elise S2 111S as i know its a good low mileage unit. Its the same low ratio 1st-5th gear set as the ZR160 but with the 3.9 diff rather than the 4.2 i want so im also replacing the input shaft and crown wheel to bring it to the same spec as the box already in the car. Just doing a dummy build for the moment so i can measure everything and order all the bearings, shims etc all together cant wait to test the ATB....

IMG_20190207_154723~2 by John Quincey, on Flickr
    2019-02-07_05-48-58 by John Quincey, on Flickr
    2019-02-07_06-07-28 by John Quincey, on Flickr

Also i took the car to work yesterday to adjust the wheel alignment and i got to say im over the moon with the bearings

9. Likeswhitetop liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Nice update you could try the breakers on where i got my engine from. ebay : karbitzuk had a few good prices on their items.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Just quick inform, done a trackday yesterday at Bedford again to compare the car against how it was last time. I will be making a little video of my best lap from this and last trackdays side by side for comparison I'm just waiting for Javelin to add the pictures so can made a little video but i was just over 7 seconds (best vs best) faster than before since fitting the coil overs and PCI bearings which is two corners on the track so I'm on the right path. Still a long way to go but so next things are to double the spring rates (still to soft for track) and definitely need to get the LSD in as I was getting terrible wheel spin out of corners so was having to often say in a higher gear which is probably losing me a few seconds per lap but here's a little drive by clip filmed by someone in the pits....

****CLICK TO VIEW****

VID_65500426_162516_839 by John Quincey, on Flickr

12. Likeswhitetop liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok guys got few pictures and done videos....

33256325798_38959126ef_o by John Quincey, on Flickr
    33256326098_c084d24e42_o by John Quincey, on Flickr
    46217566745_5c06568426_o by John Quincey, on Flickr
    47079428062_288e318c17_o by John Quincey, on Flickr
    47079427702_b844359054_o by John Quincey, on Flickr

And a few videos....

First just a few over takes....

https://youtu.be/ymkh0uT8UpA

And a comparison between the Trackday in November and Saturdays after fitting the Avo R1 Coilovers and PCI racing spherical trailing arm bearings.....

https://youtu.be/Zo_kPLRu7bU

14. Likeswhitetop liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Nice update, love the video for sure and dam does she fly.

But was it just me or was she spinning a bit on corners? no traction but on the bigger corners she was ok'ish.