Track ZR's replacement- race build R8 200 with ZR's heart! - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Treated the 200 to a strut brace today, gone for the OMP adjustable one as when i get the coilovers i will be cutting out most of the factory top suspension mounting points to run B&G adjustable top mounts so can get some good adjustments for camber angles....

2018-06-01_09-26-28 by John Quincey, on Flickr

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Looking nice, the same one i was going to get for my zr but it would look stupid on a 1.4 lol.

It might just be the picture but why does the drivers side look higher than the the passenger side?

Dislike / Like Alerts
    No look fine mate get one now if you can Demon Tweeks got one left for £75 delivered. Yes is slightly higher on drivers side at mo as there's a little bracket I need to drill spot weld out of and remove (not there on ZR) if you look at passenger side I already done that one but my spot weld drill bit is now Blunt

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Got the motorsport battery in today, was a bit of a pain compared to the ZR where ever wanted to put it there was a fuel pipe, chassis rail, funny shape in the floor pan etc but anyway got it more less in the place i had hoped for just slightly further back than i wanted under the passengers seat. I also added in a 150 amp mega fuse and holder just incase anything ever shorts to ground. Fingers crossed will get the kill switch etc in tomorrow and all be ready for the MOT on Tuesday....

IMG_20180607_205804~2 by John Quincey, on Flickr
    IMG_20180608_205307~2 by John Quincey, on Flickr
    IMG_20180608_205321~2 by John Quincey, on Flickr

Another quick update the 200 is finally all ready for a MOT on Monday. It was meant to go in today but while i was finishing off a few bits Friday evening i noticed one of the ZS rear shocks had mysteriously leaked with fluid to the half way point of the shock body so moved the test back to Monday but a friend had a set of rears from a 45 to get me out of trouble for now but i will just have to put up with higher rear ride height until get round to swapping the springs. Anyway....

I swapped the Rover engine mount bush for one of a ZR so i could use the Black Series poly bush insert as didnt fit in the original only trouble is now all the bushes are done at idle sounds like the dash is about to rattle out.....
    2018-06-16_10-03-11 by John Quincey, on Flickr

And a few of the car after a wash with the GTI spoiler is finally painted and fitted just got the sill extensions left to fit. Ive also been messing about with the trim strip colours to get a few ideas on the final colour of wheels, not to sure at this point if the wheels and trim will stay white at minute....

2018-06-16_09-35-40 by John Quincey, on Flickr
    2018-06-16_09-35-55 by John Quincey, on Flickr
    2018-06-16_09-36-13 by John Quincey, on Flickr
    2018-06-16_09-36-25 by John Quincey, on Flickr

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Looking nice mate, nothing wrong with the back really as mines like it, 30 in front standard on the back (bottom bush f*ed on the strut)

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Thanks mate

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Finally got round to getting the auxiliary gauges, kill switch and the map switch in today so for the time being all is done....

2018-06-20_09-22-47 by John Quincey, on Flickr

Taking it into work tomorrow for check over and to do a full 4 wheel alignment but wont be putting on the rear discs etc just yet as im booked into the local village car show on Sunday so i dont want to do anything that may end up causing a problem since i need to give it a good polish Saturday so looks good as can be for its first outing at LAST!!!!!!

10. Likes whitetop liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Looking nice, never knew you could do 4 wheel alignment? was thinking it was only the front like when you get new tyres!. good luck on the show next one for me is the classic car show at himley hill.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Yes mate these cars have the same rear suspension as a Honda Civic/MG ZS so it's all adjustable. Make sure you get some pics up of the show

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Finally got the car MOT'd today straight through luckily as we are at the car show tomorrow poor old girl has only covered 42 miles since 2012....

IMG_20180623_205121~2 by John Quincey, on Flickr

Gave her a quick was and polish, sorted the rear springs out and got the wheel alignment done not sure if the pictures will show it but on the rear ive set toe to 0.5mm toe in per side and camber to -2.5 as a starting point....

IMG_20180623_204818~2 by John Quincey, on Flickr
    IMG_20180623_204806~2 by John Quincey, on Flickr