Mg zr 160 2004 facelift non-runner
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Mg zr 160 2004 facelift non-runner

Non-runner due to cam belt failure, otherwise good car with MOT August 2018

This was my pride & joy daily runabout until Monday last week when the timing belt slipped

If you've got a crashed car with a good motor this could be what you're looking for.
    All it needs is either a donor engine (available on Ebay from £300 upwards) or a mechanic capable of repairing the head and fitting a new belt.

Just to be clear, I am just assuming the valves are damaged, I have not had the engine checked at all, just got towed home by the AA.

I could probably fix the car myself but I've no indoor garage. I just went out and bought a cheap Mini One instead so now I'm looking to recoup some money. Car will be on Ebay straight away so if you are genuinely interested get in touch soon.

I've had the car for a few years, bought locally off the hairdresser's wife. I had a donor engine put in because the head gasket had blown, got it from a company in Hull who put the proper studs in and a built up gasket.
    When my mechanic put the engine in he renewed everything, clutch, water pump, alternator, but for some reason NOT THE BLOODY CAM BELT.

I haven't got a stamped up service book or lots of history, but got quite a few old Mot's and some receipts for work done.

I recently had the wheels refinished and they're VGC, just the back one got some pad material on it as the caliper had seized (all fixed now).

Had new disks & calipers on the front. Tyres have got plenty tread on them (Jinyu Tyres). It's had a back exhaust fitted in August for the MOT.

Interior is pretty good condition and everything works except the clock and the aircon isn't cold. There's a a JVC CD radio (With a remote control !!)

I took the back windscreen wiper off and put a bung on because the arm was wobbly. Looks loads better this way.

You guys know more than me about these cars, all I can say is I've never driven anything like this. There's people in all sorts of new stuff can't believe they can't leave you behind. But it's not just that it's quick, it's more than that, it's actually fun. I'm a bike person and normally just see cars as transport, but these cars have got a real character and they're British!

Anyway, it would be nice to see it go to somebody who appreciates it. You can email me on mikesherrington@aol.com

Just to be clear: The car is straight and never been bumped or crashed, but it's not mint. There's stone chipping on the bonnet which has been touched up. I had the sides sprayed as they had been lightly keyed when the previous owner left it on a car park in Preston.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilknyeball View Post
    Non-runner due to cam belt failure, otherwise good car with MOT August 2018

This was my pride & joy daily runabout until Monday last week when the timing belt slipped

If you've got a crashed car with a good motor this could be what you're looking for.
    All it needs is either a donor engine (available on Ebay from £300 upwards) or a mechanic capable of repairing the head and fitting a new belt.

Just to be clear, I am just assuming the valves are damaged, I have not had the engine checked at all, just got towed home by the AA.

I could probably fix the car myself but I've no indoor garage. I just went out and bought a cheap Mini One instead so now I'm looking to recoup some money. Car will be on Ebay straight away so if you are genuinely interested get in touch soon.

I've had the car for a few years, bought locally off the hairdresser's wife. I had a donor engine put in because the head gasket had blown, got it from a company in Hull who put the proper studs in and a built up gasket.
    When my mechanic put the engine in he renewed everything, clutch, water pump, alternator, but for some reason NOT THE BLOODY CAM BELT.

I haven't got a stamped up service book or lots of history, but got quite a few old Mot's and some receipts for work done.

I recently had the wheels refinished and they're VGC, just the back one got some pad material on it as the caliper had seized (all fixed now).

Had new disks & calipers on the front. Tyres have got plenty tread on them (Jinyu Tyres). It's had a back exhaust fitted in August for the MOT.

Interior is pretty good condition and everything works except the clock and the aircon isn't cold. There's a a JVC CD radio (With a remote control !!)

I took the back windscreen wiper off and put a bung on because the arm was wobbly. Looks loads better this way.

You guys know more than me about these cars, all I can say is I've never driven anything like this. There's people in all sorts of new stuff can't believe they can't leave you behind. But it's not just that it's quick, it's more than that, it's actually fun. I'm a bike person and normally just see cars as transport, but these cars have got a real character and they're British!

Anyway, it would be nice to see it go to somebody who appreciates it. You can email me on mikesherrington@aol.com

Just to be clear: The car is straight and never been bumped or crashed, but it's not mint. There's stone chipping on the bonnet which has been touched up. I had the sides sprayed as they had been lightly keyed when the previous owner left it on a car park in Preston.
    What you after for it?

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    It's on ebay with no reserve starting at £250, the refurbed wheels & tyres are worth that.
    I'd take £750 no haggling off this forum, knowing it's going to someone who appreciates the car.
    Buy it now on ebay is a grand.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Got a bid of £250 so far....
    THERE IS NO RESERVE
    So if you want a cheap donor car in good nick get bidding because the refurbed wheels, with tyres, are worth that!!

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Nice car, pity its just the engine i need.

I got the same wheels as well with good year on them, i get offered 100 for them and there is not a scratch on them, not sure you got the price right on them, just a heads up really. prices have dropped big time on mg's/parts.

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    3 hours to go on Ebay and the bidding is up to £460 with about 15 watchers and 2 bidders.