Rescued a ZR 160 but what is the correct thing to do?
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Rescued a ZR 160 but what is the correct thing to do?

Hi everyone I am new to MG (but have always wanted one) and to this forum stuff, but super excited to get hold of a MG ZR 160 in Xpower grey!

The vehicle has been sitting for over 3 years but apart from the obvious things like brakes and tyres it is in good shape.

My intentions are to restore it and make it look a 100% but I just do not know where to start. My research shows that from factory you could choose Xpower options as upgrades. Is it worth replacing necessary parts with Xpower upgraded options? Would this make the vehicle more appealing/desirable or would it just appear as a 'Racer'?

Overall very excited to get Cambelt and all filters changed but any other advice you guys can help with will be great.
    ZR.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    The Xpower stuff were things like sports exhaust and lowering springs and won't really increase the value of the car. The market value has been more less the same of a fairly long time now.

4. Likes whitetop liked this post
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    I know there isn't much value to increase as such just thought there would be something to do to it that would make it more appealing/interesting.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Trouble is most 160 owners have already done those mods it's a very tried and trusted first job. I would personally just get it all serviced etc and enjoy it as it is. Just be sure to get the head gasket check since that's the most likely problem you're going to have and I would advise to retrofit a PRT thermostat to help keep that problem at bay

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I agree with john, keep it how it is, but please get the head checked as from a person who's had a zr sitting for 3+ years it can damage the blocks. (proof in another thread)

The car is lovely and should stay that way.