Last minuet problem
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Last minuet problem

Hi guys

Finally got my engine in (original one for my car year) but i've hit a problem, the injector wiring was not the same but thank got i had my old manifold and changed the wiring around but now i got a problem and i can't find this wiring on rimmers.

The wiring for the grey wiring block under the carb from the cam is not the same, i have changed the coils over and they fit fine but its the big block wiring that is different, instead of the 4+ pins i got this new wire connector (photo below) i am going to the local scrappy this week and need to know what its called so i can see if he has one already taken off and i need to get the pipe clicks as well (half of mine has gone walkies)

I would change them over from my old head but my moms Bf threw it out like a knob he is so i can't.

https://imgur.com/a/ohfJ7vL

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Isn't that a lambda sensor plug

Dislike / Like Alerts
    That is what i was thinking but this was coming from the coil/cam part. the cam sensor plug was fine but the part that plugs into the big grey one ended up being this plug, i'm not sure if they updated the plug near to the end of the 05 line or what as even in the 900+ page manual i have does not show this plug.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    The only place I've ever seen that plug is for the upstream O2 sensor. At the house I've got a 03 25, 04 ZS, 54 ZS and a 54 ZR they all have the same plugs. Put some pics of the loom up

7. Likes whitetop liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    I'll have to see what i can do tomorrow as i'm not where the dog is being stored till saturdays. i'm thinking it is the pre-cat/out manifold sensor plug but its coming from the cams area which is really strange.

9. Likes JOHNDQ liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok so by the look of it the wire was the coil pack one that connects to the loom, some very odd reason it had that connector on it as they ever updated it at the very end or the last owner added it but all is sorted now as i removed it and put my wire on the loom on.