Noise when clutch pressed??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Noise when clutch pressed??

Car is all running but i got this odd noise when pressing the clutch pedal (no noise when i had the old engine in but this is the flywheel/clutch plate that was on the engine, 32k on the engine) engine heats up kinda quicker on this engine which is strange as well.

Would anyone know what this problem is? i still got my old engine block with the old flywheel/clutch on it and they are both different ones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Im thinking maybe one of 2 things.....

1. Rust build up on clutch if its been sitting around
    2. Is the release bearing seated correctly on the release arm

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Its the same clutch that was on it when i had it, lite rust was on it but cleaned with a soft wire brush.
    Bearings was not touched even when i cleaned the box before installing.

I did ask on reddit and they came up with one reply and it was the thrust bearings but from what i can find its not the same noise, mine is of a suction noise

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok got the box off and checked the bearings and they was mucky, cleaned it up and there is a small noise coming from it like crap has got to the bearings, I also got two pictures of my old clutch (which i lefts out like a dipshit) not much wear is on it but the one already on the car looks like it needs replacing but it did not look like that before i put the box on.

Can't figure out what clutch to get from euro as there are 5 for the ib5 i got (first clutch change) also the car drank the coolant so i'm hoping it just needs topping up and was not given a HGF one.

20190706_205857.jpg
    20190706_205829.jpg

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I would be fairly sure the difference will be in the amount of splines in the fiction plate

Dislike / Like Alerts
    That is what i was thinking and after looking the small peace of plastic on the bearings was not there to keep them on the fork so would that be the suction noise?

I looked on euro and my old one is 140 with 17 teeth but my new one is 40, now to try and find my old one cheaper.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    They do seem expensive

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I got one for the ib5 off ebay for 50$ but parcelforce was ****s and took it to a post office miles away, seems the ib5 is the 17 teeth one

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Pain in the ass when that happens sometimes I end up having to go to Milton Keynes

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Yeah well once i've got it its not the same as in the pictures with 17 teeth, bearings and plate are the cheap ones so looks like after not getting the seller to understand the ib5 and r65 are not the same i'll have to buy a better one some time down the line.