Mgzr cvt box problems
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Mgzr cvt box problems

Hi I was wondering if you could help me I have a Rover MG ZR 1.8 on a 04 reg with the CVT automatic box I have just recently brought it it and it seems to drive slow so when I put it in D and drive it takes a bit of time to change gears I have looked underneath and the plug where the oil drains out as never been took out it was full of rust could you think it might just need a oil change the car is not juttering but when it's running its like it's shaking I did have the car off cousin and it has got loads of paperwork with the car really nice car are was just going to have it for a project any help would be grateful I'll put some pictures up soon and can you upload videos to this site as well well thanks have not had a CVT automatic box before I have only had one automatic I like my manuals any advice would help keep the great work up thank

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Hi can anybody tell me what automatic gearbox will fit in a mg zr at the moment I have a 1.8 CVT automatic MG ZR and was wondering if I can change the gearbox on me the not too keen on the CVT box or how how hard will it be to putting a a manual gearbox any help won't appreciate it thank you

Dislike / Like Alerts
    You will need to put the same gearbox in but if i'm right you will need some work doing to change it to a manual gearbox as the linkage needs changing and i'm not sure the bcu needs changing to a manual one.