Typhoon105

Thread: Typhoon105

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Typhoon105

Hello all.

Thought I join up, as my car history is made up of ZT KV6's mainly so a lot to learn on the ZR's.

I purchased a ZR 1.4 in Typhoon off ebay a few years back. Unfortunately it hadn't been well cared for, and I haven't had the time etc to change that as yet. In fact it's worse now that when I bought it due to having to strip out the interior to find a horrendous number of bodges to the wiring looms in an attempt to bypass a faulty Clifford alarm system.

Anyways, very much fix or scrap time for me so trying to give it the best chance of survival.

Will hopefully be able to post up progress when the weather is kinder, so will be a few months yet.

Cheers.

Ben.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Welcome to the forum!

I have to say I did not hear of Clifford alarm system in ZRs. This is not factory fitted alarm system.

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Definitely an aftermarket attempt, and a mess afterward. Central locking and courtesy light switch looms need replacing and connecting up properly which I have started.

I have made a start purchasing genuine replacement parts. Bought another complete lock set, as it had been partly changed and only the ignition key supplied. Obviously the fuel cap was the easiest to replace. Boot lock wasn't too bad. Drivers door was a bit more work, and ignition barrel was obviously designed to be hard to get off. Everything now properly refitted with new sheer bolts.

Got almost all of a leather interior to fit as the blue alcantara was a dreadful state unfortunately.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Nice to see the progress.