T cut
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T cut

Dislike / Like Alerts

T cut

my car is scratched to hell but its also really dirty.
    I was thinking of getting a cheap wash then do some T cutting then get it washed, waxed and polished e.c.t.
    someone said I don't need to wash it after its T cutted and should just get it fully washed first but I beg to differ.

Am I right

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Official Enthusiast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    T cut is very abrasive, I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of detailers cringe at the thought of using it.

Just use a good polish, that will remove a lot of light to medium scratches from paint. But if you do decide to use it then it will need to be washed and polished after.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    give it a really good wash, then ideally clay the car to remove contaminants before applying any polish/wax
    As Jake said, T Cut isnt the best product out there....
    how deep are the scratches? all depends on the depth as if its deep then a machine polish would be the only way, but if its light scratches then something like super resin polish might do the trick (it contains fillers)

everyone has their own preference of what brand to use

p.s. i have a 3M clay bar cheap if you want one
    Last edited by Shafz; 15-07-13 at 16:03.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Never ever use any polish or cutting compound on a dirty car. The car must be properly clean first or you will make it much, much worse!

T-cut isn't the best these days, it's also very abrasive and not pleasant to work with.

If you want a polish from the shops then AG SRP or Megs scratch X are decent. AG paint renovator is more abrasive then SRP, and may be an option if SRP doesn't do much on your paint if it's in really bad shape.

If you can feel any scratches with your fingernail then they won't polish out.

7. Likes Shafz liked this post
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean & Green View Post
    If you can feel any scratches with your fingernail then they won't polish out.
    every single scratch on my car you can feel it with your fingernail. it sucks
    nothing but new paint is gunna work for me. how deep are your stratches tash?

Dislike / Like Alerts
    they are little scuffs like from bags or cats don't worry with the bigger ones I have just replaced the part there on.
    The bumper is horrific never seen one so bad its hanging off on either end got chunks all over it and it doesn't meet over the headlight on the passenger side LOL
    Thats being replaced but the its the roof and the door it was keyed but not very well a few months back too
    theres little cat scratches on the roof and stuff like that I want gone I saw a thread on here where someone Tcutted there car and said they were happy with it so thought it would be a good idea.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I think you're thinking of the colour versions of T-cut.

They are alright, but nothing special. The results will be short lived. You could have a go for a quick fix, but anything major would need a proper polish or re painting.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I've used normal t-cut scratch remover on very light scratches which when you run your fingernail over them and its not indented in your paintwork, and that worked with those. anything else will require paint
    if you polish/wax it regularly this usually does the same thing, just removes small surface scratches, which I do quite often with mine. so now i am just stuck with the deeper ones that wont buff out

Dislike / Like Alerts
    T cut is old and dated but the color fast one is ok. I do use it but like said earlier it is abrasive and it may be worth getting a tube and playing about with it. Ive got loads of scratches out and covered over with it. Specially cat scratches!

Dislike / Like Alerts
    SRP isn't abrasive at all it's a filler

If your wanting to hide them then IMO by hand the best you will get is autofiness triple

14. Likes qüiksilver liked this post