Dodo Juice Rinse less wash review.
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Dodo Juice Rinse less wash review.

Hi Guys,

I've just tried out a product which I thought may be of some interest to some people. It's a rinse less wash from Dodo Juice, the idea is you can wash the car and dry it straight away without having to rinse off any residue. It's meant to save water and save time.

I'm not one to usually buy into this kind of product, but due to me now deciding on taking the ZR to shows I thought this would be a convenient wash method once on site.

I'm going to share my experience with the product the best I can I'm not a pro reviewer so bear with me

Here is the product Dodo Juice Low on Eau...

The bottle states that this is recommended for use on lightly soiled cars only, to prevent scratching/swirl marks.

I would say that this is lightly soiled enough for the test...

Only a bit of light dust and some insect splatter so safe enough to risk a hose pipe free wash. The car was also very recently waxed with R222 carnauba wax.

I followed the instructions of 13 cap fulls for a large bucket and this is what we get...

No foam as this would require rinsing, just very nice tropical fruit smelling yellow water lol!

I had already filled my spray bottles with a couple of caps of the solution and went on to spray the car prior to touching it with a wash mitt, I only got one pic of the car pre sprayed...

As you can see it beads heavily, normally when you spray a car with shampoo it lies on the surface and helps soften the dirt. Not this it literally rolls off the paint, making it pretty useless to pre rinse with IMO.

I didn't take any pics during the wash, only afters which will follow further down this post...

Anyway I started to wash the car after using quite a bit of the solution to pre wet the car. I noticed when gliding my mitt over the car that the water behavior was instantly very different to a regular car shampoo. As you are washing the water is literally running off the car very rapidly. It feels lubricated, but it felt lack there was a distinct lack of water to wash with for my liking.

Due to the feel of not enough 'wetness' if you like, I found myself reloading my mitt a lot more than usual in a bid to try keeping the panels wet to wash the dirt off with rather than wiping a damp rather than wet mitt around the paint. Like I say it did feel lubricated, just not 'wet'.

I ended up refiling my bucket to around half before the car was done as I'd used more water than usual trying to keep the car wet. So I used a lot of product, especially when you include the spray bottles and separate wheel bucket. I had followed the instructions for dilution and used almost a whole 250ml bottle on one car wash!

I washed and dried the car a panel at a time and found it cleaned the car reasonably well (it should as it wasn't really dirty). The only bits it struggled with were insect splatter as few stubborn flies remained on my bumper after the wash. I normally don't have an issue with flies unless heavily caked on.

The drying process was very easy, due to the insane sheeting of the product. The car dried off with a towel incredibly well apart from a few minor water spots here and there which I QD'd off afterwards.

Here are the afters...

It looks pretty good and it a good job, my wash mitt ended up heavily stained after using Low on Eau for some reason. I didn't love this product, I don't hate it either I just don't think it's for me.

My Conclusion.

This would be ok for someone who want's to clean a clean'ish car without a hosepipe. However this makes it quite a limited product IMO and it is expensive and the dilution ratio is rediculous. I would not clean a remotely dirty car with it. My preference is still for a conventional rinse, wash, rinse & dry method. I honestly don't think you can safely wash a car with minimal water, I still used quite a bit of water and at least with the conventional method you aren't cutting any corners.

Excuse some of the photo's photobucket appears to have heavily compressed them they look much clearer pre photobucket.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Official Enthusiast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    looks good i use the autobrite waterless wash
    l Build Thread l
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]