Discoloured Paint after Debadge...
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Discoloured Paint after Debadge...

Anyone had any issues with a dull Octagon shape after debadging the rear tailgate?
    I've managed to remove all the residue and sticky stuff, but there's a clear discolouration where the badge was.
    Tried a good, wash wax and polish last week which kind of helped but it's still noticeable to me...
    Today i even used some rubbing compound but where the badge had been on their for 7/8 years it seems quite stubborn...

Any ideas?
    Other than a respray lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Official Enthusiast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    you can try having it machine polished out but may not happen other then that respray or re badge
    l Build Thread l
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dislike / Like Alerts
    You really need to use a proper cutting compound to get rid of fading, if you have a battery drill i would buy a cheep polishing/ buffing pad on ebay and some G3/ G3 compound then refine after with polish.

As said though it could be past of point of being restored, when i de badge my old 200 rear quartos they were.
    <a href=http://www.sig-generator.com/free_signatures/Ricky-25-8489805228121433-free_sig.jpg target=_blank>http://www.sig-generator.com/free_si...3-free_sig.jpg</a>