Getting the 160 ready for Nov trackday - Page 22
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Had a day off today to try get finished up only a few silly things now but other than getting the battery mounted and sorting the cables out its about ready for mapping, i will do the seat and plump in the bias valve etc later

Got the PRT fitted and put in a 90 degree hose to repair the heater pipe, also the uprated master cylinder in but i will need to get a different air filter due to the not much clearance now ....

And it looks like the end is almost in site just need to get the other wheels on so the slicks get a good clean up on the rollers go to see it back together tho, also got a quick run up the street and back to make sure it drives ....

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Few more bits today

Race safety seat sub frame mounting kit and FIA master switch....

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Biggest update of the year the battery is in, really got to get motivated on thus project again was meant to be mapped last weekend only a few jobs to do now but cant get in the right mind frame to get it finished....

[URL=http://s276.photobucket.com/user/JohnLucy/media/temporary_zpsjbfqsjik.jpg.html][/v]

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Finally a update guys just not been into it lately but had a bit of go today must have been the weather....

Getting it ready for the final push fir mapping....

Put the bigger master cylinder on but the bottle was to big so i had to strip it now and put on the original bottle on the new master cylinder....

Next job was to get the HEL brake lines on....

Followed by the Wilwood bias valve....

And the rear brake pipes just got to fit the P clips....

Got the running in oil out, run it back up with some cheap 10w40 semi engine to flush it through and in with the 5w40 ester motorsport oil. Oil pressure is 0.5 bar higher with the motorsport oil....

Also got the track wheels out in week to get all the dead rubber off ready for the mapping session....

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Got the battery wiring done today.....

Terminals crimped....

Routed from battery to kill switch....

FIA kill switch and resistor in....

Also have a through panel connector where the cable runs through the bulk head but my cone cutter wasnt quite big enough....

Also put in the through panel connectors for the brake lines....

Just few little jobs to tidy up and be ready for some track action again.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Gave the car its first wash since September over weekend thats the final job done before it goes off to mapping

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Finally got the call today after almost 4 weeks of waiting..... Date with the rollers is Wednesday

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Loaded up ready for a date with the mapper and rollers.....

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Ok for some reason forgot to update thread, mapping didn't go well the power and torque just keep dropping off so was obvious something was wrong. We did what we could in the time we had with the tools we had but to no luck. The mappers thought there to be a problem with either the cams being incorrect or the timing being out. So anyway after a week depression at the reasons i was close to getting rid of the car and being done with it but after a break away i looked into the problem. First rechecked compressions all reading ok @ 1-200psi 2-200psi 3-210psi 4-220psi. checked ecu setting, fuel pressure, throttle bodies etc etc everything was fine so onto cam timings. I didnt do this myself when built engine as i didnt have the correct tools/gauges etc to set up the verniers so i had a well known person (who im not going to name) do the job for me. After a few days waiting for the digital dial gauge etc to turn i could get on with making the brackets etc to get the job done. Using the "lift at DTC" method i carried out the job, below are the results and the settings....

Cam settings first....

Piper's setting Intake cam - 2.24mm DVA Powers setting for exhaust cam - 2.79mm
    Piper's setting exhaust cam - 1.98mm DVA Powers setting for exhaust cam -2.41mm

And here are my findings....

Intake cam....

Exhaust cam....

So as you can see the exhaust is way out, im happy i had found the most likely course of the fault but not happy about being £200 down for the cost of 1 hours rolling road and mappers time.

Got it all reset now and run it up, the engine note is completely different now and it revs up a lot faster so be back to the rollers asap....

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Glad you found the issue.
    I keep looking at getting verniers, but there really isn't any point for the setup I'm currently running.
    And then there's always the possibility of running into issues like this lol.

At least you have the ability to solve the problem yourself without having to send it away!
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence.