Community Announcement
    Official Enthusiast
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Community Announcement

Hello all members of MGZROwnersClub.co.uk!

As a lot of you are aware, the past couple of months have been very busy for me and I’ve not had the time to be fully active on MGZR-OC. The reason behind this is because of work commitments at a new job I’ve recently started. I used to have a lot of free time to work on the site due to being at university but after finishing a few months ago this is sadly no longer the case.

The technical side of running an Internet forum is very time consuming, this involves keeping the website hosted, domain renewals, server issues, keeping software updated etc. Since I no longer have the time to be fully dedicated to the website, as of today the MGZROwnersClub.co.uk domain is being passed onto AutoGuide.com who will now keep the website on their own server. Some of you may have a few questions as to what this means for MGZROwnersClub.co.uk, the following bullet points will hopefully cover everything:

How does this affect you?

It doesn’t! MGZROwnersClub.co.uk will continue to be run by the same moderating team and myself as Administrator. Don’t worry I won’t be abandoning the site!

What does this mean for the site?

The major advantage of having AutoGuide manage the website means the forum will be updated more regularly with the latest software. There are a lot of features I would have liked to have implemented into the website but I could never do as it was beyond my technical expertise. In other words, the site will have a better foundation to develop the site into even bigger and better things!

So what happens now?

Nothing, the site will continue to run as normal, this update is just to inform you all.

So please join me in this new endeavour while we make this place even better!

Sincerely,

Jake

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

MGZROwnersClub
    Administrator

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Dwayn and I am a Community Manager for Autoguide.com and will be joining the site and assisting with the duties. I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them or send me a message.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Thanks,
    Dwayn

Official Enthusiast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Like i said on the Moderator Discussion post good luck jake and hope to still see you on here

Dwayn hope you can handle us lol

Quote of the week
    Quote Originally Posted by cub66 View Post
    No comment lol I no what xan and p.h are like they are as bad as each other lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Official Enthusiast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Well after a nice chat in the mod forum, my mind has been put to rest.

Anyone unsure about this please post up any questions so they can be answered like mine were
    MG ZR MK1 PTP RS140 YELLOW WASP
    MG DEALER LOL

MG ZR FORUM

Dislike / Like Alerts
    well seems good to me

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Not happy unless site staff get a login for their login and we have mass amounts of google box's

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Will we lose the access through the tapatalk app? I used to go onto the other mg site until autoguide got involved and tapatalk stopped working

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Yeah good point mate. Tapatalk is much easier for accessing the page on your phone. Its a nightmare if it goes

Official Enthusiast
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    welcome

Rover on roids yO!

MGZROwnersClub
    Administrator

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Thanks. I can check on tapatalk concerns. I am not sure if there will be a change to that or not right now.

thanks.
    Dwayn