Diabetes UK Fundraising Day - 25/05/2014
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    *Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts

Diabetes UK Fundraising Day - 25/05/2014

I am holding this event as My Partner's Daughter has been diagnosed as Type 1 Diabetic at just 3 years old. She is on 5 injections a day and regular hospital visits.

Your donation will help Diabetes UK fund research to understand the causes of diabetes, find ways to help people manage their diabetes, and try to prevent and, one day, cure the condition. You will also help provide services such as life-changing support holidays for children and families.

There will be an MG car meet side for all you car enthusiasts which we will be joining a wide variety of mg groups such as MG Social, MG WorldWide (MGWW) and MG ZT owners and more... so you won't be short of cars to view. We are also holding competitions such as best car of the show, the cleanest car and more. It will also be a Family day so bring along the children, have some fun! There will be Bouncy Castles, Face Painters, Candy Floss and not forgetting 2 Special visitors for all the younger children! We will also be having a live singer.

The Meet will be at: The Oak, Coventry Road, Baginton, CV8 3AU.

Every Penny Matters!

Please feel free to invite all your family and friends. The bigger the turn out the more we raise!

Visit https://www.facebook.com/events/262453640587399/ for more information and get your names down

Thankyou all for your support and we hope to see you all there! xx

(We do ask though to please remember there will be family's there with young children so drive carefully and safely _ Thankyou )
    Last edited by NatasharrAmy; 28-04-14 at 13:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

Dislike / Like Alerts
    I have seen this posted to MGWW from Jan-At? I will hopefully be attending.

I have type 1 diabetes, too. So know what the problem is like, but I was diagnosed at 16 not 3 so can't imagine how difficult it is.

All the best, and I will try to attend this!
    ## Peterborough
    MG Rover Eastern Owners Club

Progress Thread | Photo Gallery

Dislike / Like Alerts
    i may attend as im not to far is there anytimes for this yet ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Sorry guys this page has only just decided to show me the replies. Yeah Jan a t is one of the hosts on mgww shes helping me to arrange parts of it. the more the merrier
    erm there isn't really a time set, were currently telling people anytime from 10am but this may change to slightly later as we have a few thing to set up. We also have media coverage from newspapers and radios and raffle prizes from free mot to a prize from halfords and lots more to be confirmed should be a fantastic day and we have people coming from all over the country

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Will defo try and get to this being diabetic myself was also diagnosed early 4 for me just had my 30th anniversary

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    sorry to hear that dan. please do come along there will be best car shows and all sorts there would be great to see you

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Don't forget to spread the word with family and friends Thanks x

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Just under a month to go now Please come along if you can. It's a fantastic cause. We hope to see you all there

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Just seen this, a little far for us but will look at getting it promoted somehow.

I'm a type 1 diabetic as well, diagnosed 4 months before my 3rd birthday, 39 years later still going strong but always aware of complications.

At least it's no longer pigs insulin :-).

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Do we just turn up and pay to get in? or is it just going to be donations on the day?