Mazda 3MPS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda 3MPS

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superspy View Post
    Yeah that's the way it goes though unfortunately. I mean realistically with the emotional attachment to my car I couldn't watch someone else drive her away for less than 3 grand, even with a knackered engine (which nobody is ever going to pay), but there's the best part of 3 grand under the bonnet when you factor the original conversion, and then what I spent on other bits after that (turbo, intercooler, gearbox bearings etc). I actually spent about 10 grand on mods over the years, and now, with a knackered block, I'd be lucky to get a grand for her. Que sera.

Your conversion alone is one of the reasons I cannot, for the life of me, decide between K turbo or the T16! I remember reading it and bombarding you with PM's about the conversion a year or 2 ago on the other site. Good times... haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    MGZR Owners Club
    Advertisements

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Haha, indeed, I remember. My gut feeling is that you'll get reliable power far cheeper with a T than a K turbo, but I've not seen what a decent K turbo can produce, I just know it doesn't take much to blow a standard K

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superspy View Post
    Haha, indeed, I remember. My gut feeling is that you'll get reliable power far cheeper with a T than a K turbo, but I've not seen what a decent K turbo can produce, I just know it doesn't take much to blow a standard K
    I know the T is more reliable, but the K turbo provides more then enough power. Not enough people have done it yet, so reliability at say 220bhp is more or less hit and miss. I would love a T16 though....

Hows the for sale thread going?

*Newbie*
    Dislike / Like Alerts
    Sorry chief, forgot to respond. For sale thread is going OK, had a bit of interest and got a lad coming for the rear splitter and front bumper later in the month. I expect I'll get more interest if I take the parts off, clean them up and make separate for-sale threads to be honest. For example I'm amazed I've had no interest in the alloys.

In other news, been at an RR meet with the Mazda club this morning and my MPS made 270bhp stock. Happy days.

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Nice result mate! I am soon thinking of chopping in my Zed for an Audi A3 1.8T Quattro!

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Quote Originally Posted by davalav View Post
    Nice result mate! I am soon thinking of chopping in my Zed for an Audi A3 1.8T Quattro!
    Nice car. Being a Quattro it's a 180bhp engine not a 150bhp 1.8t. Map it and you'll get 217bhp for £199....
    Had one before my leon cupra. That's now got 276bhp....

On the Mazda mps that's a great car. Nice to be different drone the usual VXR bunch. Hate vxrs's. Mine eats em
    Good choice!

Dislike / Like Alerts
    Always had a soft spot for the MPS's. Especially after seeing what they can do on track!